The fear of human opinion disables;
trusting in God protects you from that
(Proverbs 29:25 New King James).
God is in the business of building good character in believers. However, the fear of human opinion attacks us deeply and weakens our confidence. When the God of the Universe—through Jesus says “You are loved by me,” that outweighs all else. When you realize who God is, you can trust Him completely. *
Trust God Wholeheartedly
It is a mistake to judge ourselves by the opinion of others. God is our judge, and His Word is our guide book.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made
(Psalm 145:8-9 NIV).
The Character of God
Here are a few of His amazing traits that help us trust him:
- LOVE – nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus
- FORGIVENESS – Due to Jesus’ sacrifice we are forgiven in our relationship with God
- PATIENCE – Jesus is patient with us, waiting for us to come and hear him
- COMPASSION – Jesus has deep compassion. All who encounter him feel it
- PEACE – the peace of God passes all understanding, amazing
- FAITHFULNESS – He is faithful and true to all who believe in Him
- MERCY – seek his mercy, it’s overwhelming and continually available
- WISDOM – the wisdom of God is the beginning of understanding, He is wise
Listen to His Voice
Believers need to learn to listen to God’s voice, especially when others criticize us. The Holy Spirit resides in you for the purpose of guiding your thoughts and speech so you can respond correctly. Here is good advice from the Apostle James concerning times when we are tested or confronted by others:
This you know, my beloved brethren . . . everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God (James 1:19,20 NASB).
Our interest should remain in knowing what God says through reading his word and hearing his voice all the time. When you realize who God is, you can trust Him completely.
*The Trust Diamond, Twink DeWitt, Soar In Trust Ministries, 2011.
NOTE: This blog will stop for about 6 months for my medical issues and time with family.