[Now] He is the exact likeness of the unseen God [the visible representation of the invisible]; He is the Firstborn of all creation. (Colossians 1:15 Amplified Bible).
Colossians 1:15-27 Amplified Bible
Colossians 1:15-27 New Living Translation
Colossians 1:27 NIV
Colossians 1:15-27 In your Bible
The supremacy of Jesus, Son of God, is Paul’s focus now. This teaching puts us in awe of what God has done through Jesus.
The Supremacy of Jesus
Colossians 1:15-20 proclaims an incredible list who Jesus is. Read it slowly.
- All things have been created through Jesus and for Jesus
- Jesus is before all things and in him all things hold together
- Jesus is the head of the body, the church
- In everything Jesus has supremacy
- All the fullness of God dwells in Christ Jesus
- Through Jesus, God reconciles all things to himself
- God made peace with all things through Christ’s blood, shed on the cross
Paul declares the hidden message of God’s love. Read this slowly also.
This message [mystery] was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory (Colossians 1:26,27 New Living Translation).
There is no greater assurance for the believer—none. Christ is the fullness of God, head of the church, and our reconciler to God. To him be the glory (and we share in it)!
Prayer: Father, I stand in awe of you. Your Spirit discloses Jesus to me. I’m still amazed. Selah.
Question: Does the list of the supremacy of Jesus (Col 1:15-27) open your eyes to the mystery of Christ in you and your the hope of glory in Christ Jesus (Col 1:27 NIV)?